Why aren't your customers or prospects reading your emails?There could be a lot of reasons your marketing emails aren't getting read by your prospects or customers. Assuming they're getting delivered and not getting caught in SPAM filters, here are a few that are pretty common:
- The preview isn't showing them anything of interest
- It's getting deleted en masse without even a glance
- They aren't opening it long enough to register as "read"
- What you're offering doesn't interest them.
Have you given them a reason to care?Your marketing emails have to communicate just 3 things to everyone you send them to. If they're not answering these three questions, you're making it harder on the reader than it needs to be. And when it comes to marketing, if it's hard for the prospect, they're likely going to just ignore or walk away. So what are these 3 things?
- What are you offering me?
- Why should I care right now?
- What do you want me to do next?